The DM3730 Torpedo SOM occupies less than one square inch, but boasts PC-like speeds up to 1 GHz with long battery life. Consumes less than 5 mW when in suspend state.
The Torpedo System on Module (SOM) is an ultra-compact form factor based on Texas Instruments' DaVinci™ DM3730 and Sitara™ AM3703 processors.
The DM3730 Torpedo SOM occupies less than one square inch, but boasts PC-like speeds up to 1 GHz with long battery life. Partnered with such high performance is a startlingly low power consumption of less than 5 mW when in suspend state. This balance of speed and power is accomplished through Logic PD's vast system design experience; understanding the most detailed workings of each component and their interaction with one another creates a product that operates at optimal efficiency.
The DM3730 Torpedo SOM is available in several standard configurations, including TI's Sitara AM3703 ARM microprocessor. By remaining footprint compatible with Logic PD's existing OMAP35x Torpedo SOM, the DM3730 Torpedo SOM extends the roadmaps of existing products and provides an upgrade path from today's products to future technologies.
The ultra-compact Torpedo SOM is an ideal off-the-shelf solution for applications in markets where space is a premium. From point-of-care medical devices to hand-held radios to mobile Internet devices, the Torpedo SOM allows for the powerful versatility and compact designs needed in today's market-changing products.
Datasheet: DM3730/AM3703 Torpedo SOM Brief
- Texas Instruments DM3730 or AM3703 Applications Processor running up to 1 GHz. The SOM supports the following Texas Instruments processors:
- IVA2.2 Subsystem TMS320C64x+™ DSP core running up to 800 MHz and supporting multiple codecs (DM3730 only)
- POWER SGX™ Graphics Accelerator (DM3730 only)
Software and Tools
- LogicLoader™ (bootloader/monitor)
- Wattson™ power measurement application
- Android Board Support Package (BSP)
- Linux BSP
- Windows Embedded CE BSP
- Timesys Linux BSP
- 200 MHz Mobile DDR SDRAM / NAND flash memory (PoP technology)
- 256 MB / 512 MB
- Boots from NAND flash or external SD card
- USB high-speed On-the-Go interface
- Three UARTs
- Two McBSPs
- Three SPI, two I2C
- Built-in LCD controller supports up to 24 bpp TFT interface
- Built-in driver supports XGA 1024x768 at 24-bit color
- I2S compliant audio codec (TI TPS65950 - 16-bit stereo DAC, 13-bit ADC)
- MMC/SD card support
- Ultra-compact Torpedo SOM form factor (15 x 27 x 3.8 mm)
- Commercial temperature (0°C to +70°C)
- Industrial temperature (-40°C to +85°C)
- Programmable I/O depending on peripheral requirements
- General purpose memory controller (GPMC) interface
- JTAG and ETM support
There are several variations of this product with different specs.